Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 07:07:16 -0700
>I'm just starting to learn about the formaldehyde, but it is in everything
>and in frighteningly high concentrations too.  I have a fantastic book that
>I recommend if you haven't read it.  "The E. I. [environmental illness]
>Syndrome"

Kerry, what has formadehyde in it ? Besides vaccines???

As for budget, I agree with you, this is an expensive diet. But you CAN find
cheap things like turkey wings, also I get pork scraps to make fat almost
free. the butcher will also give you beef suet for free.

You can use very cheap ground meats to make your pemmican.

You can also find hunters to give you their venison, elk, duck, etc  and
then that is free meat.

You will find hunters very, very  willing to donate meat to children with
allergies. My son LIVES on dried venison. However I also buy quail eggs and
many other things for him that are very expensive.

There is no doubt it is an expensive diet. But the alternative is high
medical expenses and most insurances are covering fewer and fewer things...

One of my tutors for my son is on a high carb lo fat diet and  just got
extremely ill yesterday, spent 6 hours yesterday in the emergency ward, with
gallbladder problems. Gall bladders LIKE fat and get upset when they are
denied it. She's only in  her early thirties and already  very sick, not to
mention  very obese.

When I bring up paleo/ lo carb to her, she says, I've been on every diet in
the world and can't lose weight on any of them. I even gave her a copy of
Ray's book.

Every  tutor I 've had for my son has been sick with some kind of
degenerative disease like rheumatoid arthritis, (25 years old) hyperthyroid
(23) obesity (22) and so forth. I have yet to meet a healthy 20 year old
tutor......

Not a one has been on a low carb diet, all are sick, and only in their 20's
or at most 30's.

I got sick in my 20's with arthritis on a hi carb diet, then cancer.

My son's aide at school weighs about 300 pounds and is going in for surgery
to close off part of her stomach. I mentioned paleo to her and got the same
answer, I 've tried everything.

Mary