From:
Charles Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 May 1999 21:19:38 -0400
Dear Rob and Paleofood list,
Since their seems to be some misunderstandings about me and my request for
testimonials on the list I offer the following:

"Hi Helen,
Sorry that you're upset about infomercials. I invite you to visit my
site (www.charleshunt.com), or read my book, and see why I wrote it...
and why I want to share that.... you may then feel differently about me
and the program, and not arbitrarily group me along with a past bad
experience. If you have any questions on your personal program as you go
along, please write me and I'll be glad to help. That's why I'm here.
Sincerely,
Charles"

If you haven't read the book, you wouldn't know that I left TV News as an
anchor/reporter to do "good news" that could help people, instead of murder,
traffic accidents, bombings and the like... so, for me to find a way to
share this healthy message on TV is a good thing, what I'm trained for,  and a way
to share it with a lot of people who might not otherwise get interested or
exposed... it's also true that it would be wonderful to make a living doing
what you love to do and help people at the same time.

As you know, the low carb movement in it's various forms is always
inaccurately lambasted in the media, so buying the incredibly expensive airtime to spread
our side of the story can only be done if a media company thinks they will
profit. This is the same method the Eades (Protein Power) took, after much
soul searching, in order to get the needed dollars for the low carb research they
are preparing for, to help you and many others have the scientific "proof"
they need/want.

Hope this helps you complete the picture and clarify what looks like a
simple misunderstanding of the elements involved. Thanks~
Sincerely,
Charles

> From:    Rob Street <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Per Ray Audette-Urgent Testimonial Request
>
> >Hello, my name is Helen and being very new to the list I am still
> >reading a lot trying to get a feel for the diet. I am very dissappointed
> >at the thought of this becoming something to be "marketed" on late night
> >TV complete with very expensive "packages" to be purchased via telephone
> >with a credit card. Having previous experience with a company answering
> >calls for those "informercials" I found it to be an extremely
> >untrustworthy method of purchase. As a result I refuse to participate in
> >any way with telemarketers or informercials.
> >
> >Helen
>
> AMEN!
> -Rob
Charles Hunt
Author- Charles Hunt's Diet Evolution "Eat Fat and Get Fit!"