From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 07:45:51 -0700
Adrienne Smith wrote:

>I definitely feel more energetic and
>satisfied with a moderate protein/high saturated fat/very low carb/limit
>fruit to 1 serving of berries max -- but even that doesn't seem to get me
>to my goals.   I can usually drop VERY SLOWLY -- 1/2 pound per week or
>every other week
>and then that stalls out invariably at about the 3 month mark. Anyway, I'm
>definitely doing something wrong because I'm not getting the results I want.

I've found the same problem exactly.  My first try was low-carb paleo
all the way; I lost 30 pounds,
then really hit the wall.  No weight came off, I was no longer in
ketosis, though eating the same
diet at about 10% carbs, 20% protein, and 70% fat.  I was also feeling
cold all the time and started to lose
hair.  Finally something inside just said "enough".  I went back to
eating carbs, selected grains, dairy,
even chocolate.  Put most of the weight back on eventually.  Last year I
was able to get back on the wagon,
lost  30 pounds, started losing hair, felt cold, and felt I just HAD to
eat more food.  Now I'm
halfway back up through the 30 lbs, and pretty unhappy.  It's hard to
describe this "wall" feeling:
irritability, nervousness, just the feeling that I can't concentrate on
anything until I eat more.

I've ordered Faigin's book to see if I can get insights to avoid this
derailment.  I certainly feel
better overall when I eat paleo and low carb.  I seem to hit the wall at
the same weight each
time, but it is 20 pounds over a normal weight for my height and frame,
so I can't say that my
body is resisting going below normal.

    Lynnet