From:
P & L Ventura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 09:09:41 -0400
> I am now weighing less that when I became pregnant (104lbs), have low blood
> pressure 80/45 and my fingers and face look yellow.  I also have an achy
> feeling in my kidney area.

Hello Sarah.

Congratulations on your new baby boy.

Have you seen an endocrinologist?  Although yellow skin can be a sign of
liver congestion or other liver problems, it's quite possible that
sub-optimal thyroid function could be causing you to have a poor
conversion of carotenes to vitamin A.  The carotenes are then stored in
your skin, giving it a yellow appearance.  Low blood pressure usually
means low blood volume.  Do you crave salt?  Do you urinate a lot,
especially after you recline for a while?  Celiac and adrenal problems
have been associated, and kidney pain can be a sign of either kidney or
adrenal problems.  And poor adrenal function can, in turn, affect your
thyroid function.  Pregnancy and childbirth can kick off or aggravate
these problems.

As much as I avoid them myself, I would suggest you see a doctor if, for
nothing else, to rule these things out.  If conventional doctors don't
suit you, good holistic MD's can be found.  (I personally relied solely
on diet as a cure-all too long, and am paying for it now.)

Best wishes,
Lois