From:
Robyn Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:30:35 EDT
In a message dated 8/29/02 11:17:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Do you follow the BARF diet, or some variation?  Could you tell
>  us the specifics?
>
>  .:. Craig

I have read both of Dr. Billinghurst's books as well as most of the others,
but I am not as particular with my dogs now as I was when Honey (our old
girl)  was sick.

Dinner last night was a typical meal:

We deboned and grilled a duck for the human dinner.

The dogs ate the guts & bones for their dinner while the human food cooked.

(I know it would have been more Paleo for us to have eaten the liver, etc.
but I thought the dogs NEEDED it more)

The humans had mixed greens dressed with olive oil with their duck.

The dogs had some leftover salad & some bits of cooked duck (whirled in the
food processor to break down the cellulose in the veggies) for their dessert
after the human ate.

I used to put a whole lot of time & effort into juicing veggies and mixing up
elaborate concoctions of veggie slop & supplements for the dogs, but since we
are eating a more natural diet;  the "by-products" of our meals seem to be
working out to a pretty well balanced BARF diet.

It was actually BARFing the dogs that got me interested in eating more
naturally myself:)Robyn