From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2000 18:59:06 -0400
On Sat, 3 Jun 2000, Ken Stuart wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Jun 2000 07:26:07 -0400, Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> >As we lose weight, LPL levels tend to rise, and
> >the more weight we lose, the more they rise.  The more LPL we
> >have in circulation, the harder the body is trying to store fat,
> >which makes it harder to keep weight off.
>
> If this is true, then there would be no very thin people, everyone would be at
> least somewhat overweight.

I don't see why.  The LPL increase appears to be caused by weight
loss, not leanness.

> In fact, there are some people who have enormous problems trying to add any
> weight...

Yes, many type I diabetics have this problem.  They produce
little or no insulin and so their bodies have only the injected
insulin to work with for building muscle or, for that matter,
storing fat.  And of course there are non-diabetics as well who
have trouble going into any sort of anabolic state.  I'm not sure
what role LPL might play in such a problem.

Todd Moody