From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 15:00:46 MDT
It has been written...

> >Or, as I like to put it, saying you're a paleovegetarian is like >saying
>you're a sexually active virgin.  It's one or the other; you > >can't be
>both
>
>Why not? What is really a true paleodiet?  <snip>
>BTW there are many sexual activities that do not destroy virginity...

A) Learn to take jokes; they make life more fun.

B) Ask any researcher who studies it to give the definition of the
paleolithic diet.  It's what early humans ate and consists of meats,
vegetables that can be eaten raw, fruits, nuts and berries.  Therefore, a
vegetarian diet is NOT the paleolithic diet.

Can you eat a "true paleolithic diet"?  No.  But you can eat a reasonable
facsimile.  There are shades of gray in the world.  If the SAD diet is white
(bad) and the paleodiet black (good), wouldn't one be better off eating a
deep charcoal diet versus a touch-of-gray diet? If I can't eat mammouth 'n
wild strawberries, should I say 'screw it' and go to Pizza Hut?  No, I
should do the best I can with what I've got and skip what's clearly bad for
me.  Which I try to do.

Bottom line; by its very definition, the paleodiet contains meat.  By ITS
very definition, the vegetarian diet does NOT.  What part of that is hard to
understand?

Dori Zook
Denver, CO