From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 13:38:02 -0800
Hi Jean Paul,

Please tell me again what is fed egg laying hens. I am getting an extremely
bad itch on my arms every time I eat an egg. I get locally raised free
range eggs. I know one of the eggmen uses canola seed but I'm not sure of
the rest of the feed ingredients.

Speaking of canola, there was a huge canola oil spill in Burrard Inlet near
Vancouver the other day. Thousands of birds are in peril. 'In October 1998
a similar canola oil spill in the harbour killed at least 350 migratory
birds. In that incident Vancouver based West Coast Reduction Ltd., which
recycles animal parts into fertilizer and feed pleaded guilty to
environmental charges.'  Maybe that answers my question about the feed
ingredients-animal parts??

All the best,
Susan