From:
"Anna L. Abrante" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 22:39:35 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

>  Quite frankly, if I felt this way eating chocolate and pastry, that would
be
>  what I would eat!  Can't beat the "sense of wellbeing" and for me, it paleo
>  foods.
>
>  Snowlight

That's wonderful, and that is what a diet should be. I personally do better
on a
low carb diet that includes milk products. period.  I am not opposed to paleo
or
any other diet, I simply look to question the idea that health can't be found
with
neolithic foods.

I've been on many diets.  I got the thinnest on Jenny Craig's program years
ago.
They push the ultimate in processed, boxed, junk.  But I got
thin!....ofcourse you
can't and shouldn't eat out of boxes forever.   So I have ofcourse over the
years
but the weight back on.  Paleo eating isn't primarily about losing weight,
tho some
people do.  The calories are too high, I, for one, eat too much.  This is true
regardless of any diet I'm on....so those 15lbs are there.  But I think that
issue
of health and longevity is more important, and seems to be what the paleo diet
is really for.

On this note, I am merely hoping to get some answers as to why
some cultures that include the *forbidden fruits* live so long.  And as much
as
anyone can say it's not proven, it's bad record keeping, it's
folklore.......we have
centurians in this country alive now,,that eat garbage, smoke, drink,
etc..... If
that can happen, then there is noooo doubt in my mind that someone living
 in an idealic valley in the mountains, eating pure clean foods, whether it's
grains, milk, meat or whatever, is breathing clean air and drinking clean
water,
doing physical labor, can live past 100yrs.......

The Russian Georgians are historically known to live longer than anyone.  I
shouldn't have to compile references for this fact, but I am going to have it
ready in the next few days.......I personally *remember* when the whole
yogurt craze started to be a commercial thing,,it was found to be a common
food among these people..."Eat yogurt!,,,Live forever!!"  ....and so it
began..
the rest is American marketing history.....what they neglected to tell you is
that
the milk products these long living people consume (and others like the
Villacamba and Hanza) is *RAW* and *NOT PASTURIZED*,,,it is *NOT*
fat free or anything free except pesticides and artificial hormones
...it is full of it's natural enzymes and life supporting
properties...it is aged naturally,,allowed to ferment naturally..and uses no
more processing than putting it in a container that doesn't leak.  They don't
need pots, they don't need anything more complex than a bladder or
stomach as a container,,,this primative man had access to.

They culture/ferment their grains with lactic acid or just salt water.  Which
is good for the
digestion and minimized phytates.  And they sprouted their beans, changing
their
anti-nutrient properties into very nutritious properties.

Americans don't like cultured and fermented foods!....we like it the most
*unhealthful* way possible.  We are uneducated in the ways of traditional
food preparation...We eat grains in the most offensive way possible to the
body, and we cook milk to the point of killing anything healthy in it.  Thank
goodness we at least soak beans...at least we know soaking them helps
remove some of the toxins.....but how many people know that bean *sprouts*
change the compositon of beans???....turns them into little plants...and this
is soo veryyyy palleoooo.

It is easy to pick on neolithic foods, the way we use them now is an
embarrassment
to us as a society.  We like what "tastes good" and to hell with health.  We
are so
pompous in this society that we actually complain when we die of heart failure
after eating trash,,but dont think we need to change, except briefly when
were too
fat. Even then we whine the whole time......I apologize for ranting so
long,,,I am
tired of fighting to stay healthy in a society that doesn't care, I'm sure
you all can
understand this frustration....I'll stop now and go eat some nuts....thanks
for reading.

Anna L. Abrante