From:
PAUL TOWNLEY-SMITH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 09:41:52 -0500
I don't know if I'm allowed to ask this on here either, but I am at a loss,
so forgive me if I am putting up another forbidden post.
My father has had rheumatoid arthritis for about 12 years, and was recently
diagnosed with adult-onset diabetes (and symptoms of celiac disease but
never been diagnosed).  I want to convince him to try the paleo way of
eating, but I don't know how to approach it.  The best way would probably be
to send him some articles about how the diet works for these conditions.
Can anyone suggest good reading material for this (other than Ray's book-I'm
already sending that!)   My Mom says that he is just going to follow the
eating guidelines given by the Canadian Diabetic Association, and when I
looked at their site I found that they not only restrict meat intake, they
encourage use of artificial sweeteners!!!  Help!  Thanks.

Kerry