From:
Sheryl Canter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 23:58:30 EDT
Hi Richard,

What does "SAD" stand for?

<<foods that come from the "New World", introduced from the time of Columbus.
Many of us have not had very long to genetically adapt. Foods often in the
Nightshade family, have alkaloids in them that are sometimes hard to handle.
They cause me real problems and others too.>>

But nightshade family plants didn't just evolve, did they?  I thought
tomatoes were a very long tradition in Italy and around the Mediterranian.  I
have never had any problems with tomatoes or peppers.  Actually, the only
food I've had an instantly bad reaction to when my IBD is acting up is
nuts--very bad.  I've also noticed that things are better when I limit carbs
in general.

     - Sheryl