From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 15:33:46 -0400
On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, Balzer, Ben wrote:

> 100% correct. 95% of the population need more omega 3. Cf maybe 60% more
> vitamin D, 40% more vitamin A, calcium etc etc. The only dietary way to get
> them all is to go Paleo and get some exercise in the sun.

I'd be willing to be that the percentage of people who need more
vitamin A is higher than 40%.  I don't have the references, but
there is recent research indicating that the conversion of
carotene to A is even less efficient than previously thought.

The calcium issue is more complicated, since there are so many
things affecting calcium retention and utilization other than
just calcium intake.

No question about the om-3 though.

Todd Moody