From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 21:54:12 -0500
Thomas Dekany wrote:

>Todd - for one I am a factoid junky if there is such a thing and would
>love to give you specific numbers. However, I can't and am not sure if
>that is possible. Here is a link for you though to read if interested.
>http://www.dadamo.com/knowbase/PATHbase/pathbase.cgi  and search.

Believe me, I have searched and searched.  I am by no means new to this
subject.  But you have made some very strong claims, such as the claim
that people with blood type A lack sufficient gastic HCl to digest red
meat, but have sufficient gastric HCl to digest chicken, turkey, and
fish.  And you claim that red meat "rots in the stomach" of type A
people.  Those are strong claims, and you've made them.  My position is
that it is irresponsible to make claims such as that unless you have
strong evidence to support them.  So far, you've offerered none at all.

Yes, it's true that people with type O blood are more likely to get
stomach ulcers than type As, and type As are more likely to get stomach
cancer than type Os.  Is there any logical connection between those
facts and your claims?  I don't see any, and you haven't suggested any.

>certainly be construed as advising type As to avoid red meat.  Such
>advice, to be taken seriously, should be based on sound evidence.<<<
>
>I don't think it needs anymore evidence  to be taken seriously then your
>comments about feeling well eating red meat, which of course anyone
>visiting here who are interested in this "diet" take it as an OK "for me
>too". Would you take the responsibility for that person if he/she has
>gotten ill down the road simply because they are different from you?

Sorry, but that's rubbish.  You've made a *generalization* about type
As; I reported my own experience.  The two sorts of statements are
worlds apart.  However,  there is solid evidence that type As are
perfectly capable of digesting red meat.  There is the example of the
Blackfoot Indians of the American northwest, who were type As and who
did well on a diet dominated by the meat of buffalo and other "red meat"
game.  Indeed, type A people around the world go about their lives every
day, happily eating red meat and never suspecting the curious "fact"
that they aren't equipped to digest it, or that it's rotting in their
stomachs.  My experience is purely anecdotal, but it is certainly
confirmed by the experience of many others.

>I am telling Os and Bs to eat meat. Do I need to prove anything with
>that statement?

If you expect your recommendations to be taken seriously, then yes, you
need to offer some evidence in support of them.

>How about the suggestion that one should only eat organically? Or that
>grass fed meat should be consumed only.

Like your other suggestions, you should be able to give reasons why they
should be accepted.

>Btw, MEDLINE is an excellent scientific resource for blood type and
>disease kind of info.

I agree.  If there's any evidence to be found for your claims, your best
chance is to look for it there.

>I know I didn't satisfy your curiosity but this will have to do. Need to
>get back to work.

It's not curiosity that impels me to ask what evidence you have for your
claims.  It's my belief, based on my own research, that there is no such
evidence.

Todd Moody