From:
Paleo Phil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 2008 22:43:46 -0400

Thanks for that. You can still find it via the Wayback Machine here:

Food Guide Pyramid
http://web.archive.org/web/20021010113237/www.cerealfood.com/info.htm

> Now, speaking of Dean Ornish.  Has anyone noticed that he looks over
> weight and has a double chin?   Take a look at him here:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:DeanOrnishJI1.jpg

Wow! I knew he had a double chin, but it has gotten worse. He clearly also
has the crowded teeth (and likely therefore a high, arched palate and narrow
jaw), including fairly prominent "buck teeth," that Weston Price recognized
as a characteristic of the modern diet. The high resolution also reveals
that he has some bumps on his skin. I feel bad about the physical
deterioration his diet is obviously causing him. Unfortunately, he is
committed to it for other than health or scientific reasons, so he probably
won't change it dramatically no matter how much his health deteriorates.

> He will soon be 55 years old but in this picture taken last year when
> he was 53 he looks 75 years old.  ...

Well, I wouldn't go that far, but he clearly fairs poorly in a comparison
with the slender Dr. Cordain.