From:
Dean Esmay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 1997 18:13:21 -0400
Muriel Hykes <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>        Dean, I am already on paleodiet!  Is it the most technical one you
>have? I like it very much, except for the part where they discuss making
>pemmican.

Good gracious, Muriel, how much more technical do you want it?  Some of our
discussions over on the Paleodiet list get so esoteric I can barely follow
them without grabbing my medical dictionary.  I also don't recall where we
ever discussed making pemmican over there.  Maybe we did once a long time
ago.  You're not mistaking the Paleodiet Symposium with THIS list (the
Paleolithic Eating Support List) are you?

Anyway the only two I run are the Paleodiet Symposium and the Lowcarb Tech
list.  Lowcarb Tech I hope to transition soon to St. John's though.

Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>I am replying to the post you sent to Muriel re: the Lowcarb Tech list and
>the other Paleolithic List.
>I would like to join both lists. Please send me the information.
>I am having so much fun here that I, too, would like to learn more.

For info on signing up to the Lowcarb Tech list, see
http://www.syndicomm.com/lowcarb.html -- the info is there.

As for signing up for the Paleodiet Symposium, here is the standard signup
info:

PALEODIET on [log in to unmask]

   The Paleolithic  Diet Symposium listserv is a semi-moderated,
   semi-formal symposium  for researchers with interest in and
   knowledge of  primitive diets and their relevance to modern  life.
   Our  primary   audience  is  biologists,  paleontologists,
   anthropologists, physiologists,  and health care  professionals.
   Students or members the  lay public are not necessarily excluded,
   but any messages submitted to the list membership  will be reviewed
   before distribution to assure that the information presented, or the
   questions posed, reflect an appropriate level of understanding of
   the science underlying the subject under discussion.

   If you would like to subscribe, please fill out the following
   questionnaire and send it to [log in to unmask]

   This  is a  standard  questionnaire for  all  prospective subscribers
   to PALEODIET. You are not required to give  us more than your name
   and email address, although we  would appreciate having the  other
   information. Any information you give on this questionnaire is solely
   for the list owners' information,  and will  NOT be  sold  or used  for
   any form of  business solicitation.

   Name:
   Preferred E-mail Address:
   Title:
   Institution:
   Phone Number:
   Research Areas:
   Other Areas of Interest:

   Your list membership  will be  confirmed  by the  Listowner. You
   should receive a  message confirming  your membership within a few
   days of sending in your subscription request.  Thanks for your interest!

   Owner: Dean Esmay  [log in to unmask]