From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 23:28:30 -0700
> How can I incorporate more fat into this?

I'll elaborate a little more on my earlier suggestion.
I mentioned that peanut butter and 'crackers' were a
favorite of mine. Don't sell it short. I seriously
lived almost entirely on peanut butter, crackers,
jerky, and granola on a 10 day trip (quite) a few
years ago. (Like I said, I got really tired of
backwoods 'cooking'. Well... we did cook fish when we
caught them :)

Peanut, and other nut, butters are excellent foods for
backpacking since they don't readily spoil and they
pack a great caloric 'punch' for their weight.

Now, I'm sure you're not going to go for peanut butter
- so how about almond butter? Or perhaps macadamia
butter? Or cashew? Here's how to do it. Most, if not
all, backpacking or outdoor sports stores sell squeeze
tubes - much like toothpaste tubes but much larger and
refillable. Simply fill it up with the nut butter of
your choice, and simply squeeze the tube to get the
nut butter out. You could even get creative and put
some kind of jam or jelly into another tube.

Now, nut butter on dried apples *could* get kind of
tiring after awhile, so it might be wise - just in
case - to find some other cracker substitute to use.
I'm sure someone could suggest something?

Or, you could make some pemmican.....

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com