From:
Lurisia Dale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:34:51 -0800
> Why do you consider cashews unpaleo?
>
> Fredrik

From _NeanderThin_ (p 71):

"And the cashew, though a nut, is not edible raw.  The cashew, a relative of the
poison ivy plant, must be heated to neutralize the highly irritating oil in its
shell before the nut can be extracted and eaten and thus is not allowed on
NeanderThin."

On a totally seperate note, Paul noted that:

>Alcohol - type 2 diabetes connection can be very simply:
>the more you drink the less you eat so the less carbs
>you ingest so the less chances to develop diabetes.

I don't know about the clinical data, but I do know that when I used to drink
alot I would *PIG OUT* on carbs and sugar like nobody's business.