Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2006 12:19:33 -0700
Day one of the three week experiment.  To recap, I’m going to limit my
daily protein intake to between 76-108 grams per day.  Unlimited
healthy fats.  No carbs.  Goal is to see what effect a moderate
protein, high fat, low carb diet will do to my athletic performance and
general well being.

I’ll probably not bore you with daily updates, but here is my journal
from this morning:

“Morning of day one.  Have not been eating well the last week or two and
have had cold like symptoms.  I have had corn, oats, dairy, spelt, four
pieces of wheat toast, one beer, and lots of carbs (ex. honey-coated
pecans). Have several ulcers in my mouth.  Weight is 156.”

Wish me luck.

Jim Swayze
www.fireholecanyon.com