Date:
Wed, 5 May 1999 15:38:12 -0400
Hi Lrelle:

>Foggy headedness and depression mainly - and a tendancy to get headaches.
>Also extreme bloating? - don't know if this is typical hypoglycemic?

This is my experience:  I too am hypoglycemic and had been suffering with
extreme boating (among other GI problems for years) until a week ago I was
fortunate to meet a new doctor (at the hospital where I work); during our
conversation I asked him what he thought about my GI problem, this is what he
said:  In a lot of the cases when patient suffers with bloating problems is
because they drink too much water (which I was doing up to 2-3 litre per day)
this causes the feces to expand, resulting in discomfort and severe bloating.

The doctor's remark made me think about how much water I was drinking daily.
The next day I stopped drinking all the water except 1 glass of water before
meals, with each meal or after I drink a cup or two of herbal teas.  I have to
say that my GI problems have disappeared by this I mean:  no more bloating
before or after meals; used to get a lot of pins and needles pain every time I
drank or ate anything; regular bowel movements (no more constipation/diarrhea)
now the stool are light colored and long, when before they were:  hard, dark,
just like a rabbit.

I do eat meat, vegetable (both cooked and raw), fruits fresh and dried, no nuts
yet because I want to give the bowel so time to heal.

I don't know if this will help you in anyway, but I would suggest you look into
it and see if you can get some relief too from this very uncomfortable bloating.
Good luck to you.

Clelia