From:
Maddy Mason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 18:37:00 EDT
In a message dated 4/18/03 4:01:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Marilyn Harris <
[log in to unmask] writes:

> One shouldn't die from a fall on the street while walking unless there are
> other underlying factors, in my (non-professional) opinion.

In my (non-professional) opinion, this is erroneous. I believe it was the
publisher of the Washington Post who also died the same way. Head trauma can
kill anyone, at any age, in any condition. A healthy 11 year old child in my
town died from head trauma playing basketball in his driveway.

I have personally been a patient of Dr. Atkins, and I can tell you
unequivocally, he was astonishingly strong, active, astute, and energetic.
His recommended diet was not completely Paleo, in that it included dairy
products, but it was certainly close. And although he was most famous for his
weight loss diet, it should not be forgotten that he founded one of the most
successful alternative/complementary medicine clinics in the world.

In any case, Dr. Atkins fought valiantly for his entire professional life,
enduring unending ridicule and condescension. It is only very recently that
many of his revolutionary ideas have been vindicated. I would hope that even
people who do not agree with his ideas, might have the decency to stop
attacking him now that he is gone.

Maddy Mason
Hudson Valley, NY