From:
Brenda Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 03:30:51 -0800
I do believe, however, in what my father always said about parenting.
He said, "they will do what you do not what you say." If my wife and I
are faithful to eating the right way, to taking care of ourselves,
present the facts in a reasonable manner and allow them to gradually
make more and more of their dietary decisions as they get older,
eventually you gotta think reason will win out.

  I absolutely agree with this!!  When we were small, my parents were very much into what was, at the time, healthy eating.  Some things have changed since then, but not a whole lot.  My brother, sister, and myself, with our extremely different lifestyles, are all back to eating mostly healthy.  Of course I went through my Doritos and bean dip phase, as almost all kids will, but I think, too, that what is initially instilled will remain.  Amusingly enough, I am the one getting on my Mom's case for some of her unhealthy choices, lol.  I keep reminding her that SHE is the one who "started it"!!!!

  Love,
  Bren

Yahoo! Photos