From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 16:53:28 MDT
Ward,

>Nope, no idea which station--what was on the web page is all I saw >myself.

My edumacted guess is the NPR station in Norfolk or Roanoke or, perhaps, a
station in NoVa (aka Northern Virginia).  Roanoke is not the state's largest
market, but the NPR station in that town is arguably the best in the state.
They were 'the competition' when I worked at WFIR-AM.

Denver's NPR station is a joke.  I once listened for one full week to hear
thier local news; I heard nothing.  In short, they stink.  And thier people
make nearly twice as much as I did at KOA.

An unpaleo note, but interesting, nonetheless.  There was a woman who worked
at the Denver NPR station and, for two years, lived with a state senator.
They get hitched.  She gets booted.  Actually, she was told to go to the
promotions department.  She said 'no, I do news.'  They said it was
promotions or the sidewalk.  She landed on the sidewalk.  She was the
education reporter.  They cited 'a conflict of interest' in her demise.  Who
reports on politics for this station?  Michael Dukakis' daughter.

I'm a member of our NPR jazz station, KUVO.  But it'll be a cold day in hell
before I give dough to the other NPR station.  If they can afford to pay a
reporter $42,000 annually and my mega-million dollar station could only give
me $22,000 (and I'm told I was the highest-paid reporter there!),
something's rotten in the state of Denver.

I will say, though, that I'm pleasantly surprised ANY public radio station
would air something anti-PETA.  Hell, I'm shocked!

Dori Zook
Denver, CO