From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 08:30:38 -0600
Dori Zook wrote:

> >If they find a chemical that inhibits the actions of this protein,
> >they will end in total diabetes. And deaths from hyperglycemie.
> >The carbohydrate is already in excess.
> >So, what would these mad people suggest should happen to the excess carb?
> >They should be glad that this last carb-lowering path exists.
>
> If you're just yanking our collective chain I'll take the above back but I
> don't think that's the case.

Actually, Dori, I think you're doing Amadeus a disservice here.
Reread what he says.  He says if you can take a pill to prevent the
sugar being stored in the fat, that people [who continue to eat excessive carbs]

will become diabetic.  This of course is true for the mainstream SAD eater;
they won't quit eating carbs; so if they take the pill, they'll become diabetic.

There is nothing in his statement that *advocates* eating excessive carbs.

No matter how many diatribes, well-reasoned arguments, and factual
dissertations we present, and how many low-carb books are printed, most
people will not give up their soft drinks, their donuts, their fat-free cookies.

If the body is prevented from taking the excess glucose out of the bloodstream
into
the fat stores, diabetes is the most likely result.

Lynnet