From:
Marianne Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 12:32:09 -0400
my mother-in-law has been diagnosed with cancer, definitely in her bladder
but perhaps originating in another organ such as her thyroid, breasts, or
colon. I was wondering whether anyone on this list might have some
suggestions for foods that help and foods she should avoid. I was going to
suggest flax seeds but then I read this:

Lignans are a potent group of natural products with many toxic side effects,
best represented by podophyllotoxin derivatives and the antineoplastic drug
etoposide.

everything seems to be both good and bad! very hard to figure out what is
right. I thought I could safely recommend flax seed oil at least, and fatty
fishes, and I think I read here recently that hard cheese should be avoided
like the plague, but after that I'm stumped. Does anyone have any
thoughts/experiences?