From:
Possum Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Aug 2001 01:22:54 -0400
Dori Zook wrote:
> I have enough broccoli in my fridge right now to choke a horse, plus red
peppers, baby carrots, asparagus, artichokes, yellow squash, onions and a
giant container of salad greens in my fridge with pre-cut collards, mustard
greens and spinach in the freezer.

Now I know where to go for dinner! <G>

> I've been eating a diet with far, far fewer than 500 calories worth of
carbs for several years now and lately, a typical day is comprised of 60-65g
protein (meat only) 70-75g fat and about 25g of carbs, your idea of death on
a plate, I'm sure.

WOW! On a typical day, I am eating under half of the carbs that you are,
Dori. Many days I just don't eat any carbs at all. I have noticed I have
lower blood pressure on the zero carb days. Just for giggles, I checked just
before I wrote this and my blood glucose was 75 mg/dl. Blood pressure was
95/60. Not bad numbers for a guy who is still well over the "obese" weight!

>I'm not craving carb dense foods at all, unless you consider a red pepper a
high-carb food;

I do munch out on wild blueberries when I find them. They are a weakness
that I cannot overcome.

>But so would 3 oz. of chicken breast stir-fried in macadamia oil;

Give me a Medium American Bison steak! (I guess that is just the Cherokee
coming out in me <G>)

Kevin Raper
Piedmont, SC