Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 05:25:02 -0800
It seems to me, L, that the low Carb diets would be very much Paleo for anywhere from 3 up to even 12 months of the year, depending upon the given population's location.  Paleo man didn't find apples, oranges, broccoli or carrots to eat (let alone Papaya) in the dead of winter, and lacking refrigeration, animal-based products were about the only thing available--very Atkins!

Once again I quote from Dr. Cordain's "The Paleo Diet"
(p. 14):

"Yet just one papaya (59 grams of carbohydrate) would
blow the daily limit for two of the most popular
low-carbohydrate diets. Eating an orange, an apple,
and a cup of broccoli and carrots (73 grams of
carbohydrate)--just a drop in the bucket to
hunter-gatherers, whose diets were rich in fruits and
vegetables--would wreck all but the most liberal
low-carbohydrate diets."

Cut it any way you want, kiddies, your Atkins and your
ketosis IS NOT The Paleo diet. Maybe it works for
you--sausage it up! Just be aware that you are not
following the Paleo Diet.