From:
wayne hammons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2005 22:55:41 -0600
Hello,

I am a 40ish male that has recently (4 months) begun eating a mostly paleo
diet.  I am relatively new at this so I should say I eat what I understand
today as a paleo-diet. (Mostly Ray Audette and some Sally Fallon)  I wont
bore you with the details of how I discovered this diet but I will say that
I have never consciously made these kinds of dieting decisions in the past.
I was only slightly over weight and ate what I thought was decent 90% of the
time.  I ate whole grains and balanced veggies with lean meat and disserts,
I traded Coke for Diet Coke, blood sugar was 110, cholesterol 200.

When I was younger I joked that I chose my food with the goal of preserving
myself and thus saving on the embalming cost. I ate horrible and thought
nothing of it. My wife got me to eating decent foods mostly made from
scratch when we married 14 years ago. She started this Paleo thing in July
04 and I joined in February because of the impact it made on her.  Now I am
really enjoying what I eat more than I ever had and feel better than I ever
remember feeling.

I am no expert but I am a pretty quick study and having experienced profound
improvements in my quality of life has quickened my commitment.  I look
forward to learning from the experiences of others and wish you all well.

Wayne Hammons
Wyoming, USA