From:
Michelle Hale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 15:48:45 -0500
When you have a sweet craving, have some fruit.  At first, you won't want to
overindulge in fruit because then you'll have a hard time conquering the
sweet addiction.  Berries are especially good for you.  Try to keep it
seasonal, though.  I do well when I eat more fruit and occasional tubers
this time of year. It is okay to "fatten up" a bit before winter, though
you'll want to keep it under control since you are just starting out.  I
find it difficult to get too many carbs from fruit as there is only so much
fruit I can eat at a time.

After a couple weeks of eating low-carb, the sweets you currently enjoy will
not taste as good.  They will be TOO sweet.  I had the biggest sweet tooth
in the world, and now can barely finish a single serving of desert if I
decide to take a piece if I'm at a party or at my mother's house.  It is
almost as if I am re-learning what my brain recognizes as "food"--all that
processed garbage I was addicted to no longer gives me cravings.

Ha, I know about spending a lot of time in the meat section for the dogs.
Before I found a good wholesale supplier and before I got a big freezer, I
would jump with glee when pork hocks and other equally gross-sounding meats
and organs were on sale.  I frequented the grocery store a LOT since we have
3 dogs (1 is a rott) and we didn't have a chest freezer.  I must have been
thought of as the "weird meat lady".

 I do like cheesecake and ice cream.  Like I said