From:
David Karas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2006 15:25:25 -0700
Ev Convert wrote:

> Anyone know if it's safe to eat the 75% grassfed beef raw?  Has
> anybody actually done it?

I do and know a number of others that do. I have been eating raw beef
and buffalo (and other raw meats and fish) for almost ten years now. I
have no cooking facilities at home so my only access to cooked meat is
resturants and friends, I like the way my body feels on raw meat. I
don't get the same feeling from cooked meat so I don't eat it very
often. I am stronger on this diet than I have ever been.
I have sometimes aged my meat but mostly eat the meat within a week or
two. I avoid meat that has been frozen. It rots easily instead of aging.
I will sometimes eat regular store meat but usually am eating grassfed
with no hormones.