Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 15:14:09 -0500
Hi All,

For the past week I have been having a lot of bladder problems; I have been
on a salt free diet for a number of years now because of water retention,
now the problem is worse than ever.  I would appreciate your help.

When I get up in the morning I have almost no symptoms, after having my sip
of water at breakfast the discomfort (bloating, feeling of a full bladder)
starts.  I do pass water but the bladder is remains full.  There is no sign
of a bladder infection from what I can tell (not burning or discoloration of
the urine).

If I eat anything with salt the discomfort gets unbearable, plus I get
terrible pain in my right knee.  At first I associated the knee pain to my
daily walk (at least 10 miles per day 5 days a week) then I decided to drink
Fennel tea (which is a diuretic) at meal time and in between meals (the pain
in the knee is more bearable unless I eat something salty).   At times the
knee pain is so excruciating that I can't even take a step or bend it
without having the tears roll down my cheeks.

Does anyone have any suggestion on what could be causing this or what I
should be doing/taking to alleviate this problem?

Clelia