From:
Richard Archer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 12:41:52 +1100
At 10:23 +1000 20/1/03, Phosphor wrote:

>so what do you propose instead of modern beef?

Ideally we would eat wild game animals just like paleo people did
and hunter gatherers do. In practicality we can't because there
aren't enough wild animals, and if they were farmed to increase
availability, well, then they aren't wild any more.

As an inferior/realistic alternative I would propose eating wild
meat when available, and at other times eating a wide range of high
quality farmed animal meats. This would include both a wider
variety of species as well as organ meats.

I know from personal experience that in my area it is easy to
obtain flesh (although not always organ meat) from: kangaroo, beef,
lamb and mutton, goat, rabbit, pork, deer, duck, chicken, pigeon,
quail, goose, emu, ostrich, crocodile and literally dozens of types
of fish and crustaceans.

Unfortunately the closer the variety to wild game, the higher the
price, and I often can't afford to eat as I would like. Crocodile
was $30/kg last time I checked.

 ...R.