From:
Becky Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 1999 16:09:19 EDT
<< do you mind supplying the recipe for this? It sounds good! >>

Susan,
I'm happy to, and it's quite simple. I adapted this recipe from Fran
McCullogh's The Low-Carb Cookbook for Thai-Style Beef Curry so I guess you
would call this:

Thai-Style Lamb Curry

1 T. Olive oil
2-3 T. Thai red curry paste (FYI - dish is very hot w/3 T which I like but is
too hot for dh, also I use Thai Kitchen brand curry paste which has no funky
ingredients)
2 -1/2 c. canned coconut milk
2 -1/2 pounds ground lamb (or lamb cut 1" cubes)
salt & pepper to taste
Garnish: 1/2-3/4 c. chopped cilantro

Warm oil over LOW heat, add curry paste, stir & cook for about 5 minutes then
add coconut milk. Cook & stir for another 3 minutes. Add the lamb, bring to a
boil, and lower the heat to a gentle simmer. Cook covered for 1 to 1-1/2
hours for ground lamb or 1-1/2 to 2 hrs for cubes, stirring from time to
time. The meat s/b soft; if not continue cooking until it is. Raise the heat
and cook uncovered another 10 minutes or until the sauce is thick (becomes
gravy-like). Taste for seasoning (adjust w/salt & pepper) and serve garnished
with cilantro (I actually stir it in after taking pan off heat). Six servings
@ 3 g. CHO each in case any of you track carbs.

Note: A friend tried this recipe substituting Thai roasted red chili paste
and basil for the curry paste and cilantro respectively and it came out much
milder but still quite good.

Curry Wishes,
Becky