From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 07:27:55 -0400
On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, matesz wrote:

> Hi Todd ,
> I've been following your reports of frustration with fat loss.  I think that
> you could get great results by doing 20-30 minutes of weight training 2x a
> week along with 3 (20 minute) sesions of High Intensity Interval Aerobics.

I'm already doing the weight training, once or twice a week.  I
have recently been exploring the high intensity interval aerobics
option.

> This style of aerobics is not like long, slow low-intensity aerobics.
> Instead, you cycle up and down in intensity---which gets your heart rate and
> metabolism up and creates more of an afterburn (after you stop).

I have been taking brisk walks, punctuated by 3-minute bursts of
hard running (i.e., at the upper limit of my current aerobic
capacity, which means running as fast as I can sustain for 3
minutes).  Is that the general idea?  How many intervals are
recommended?

> Also, you may find that eating less fat (like Phillip Thrift did/does)
> helps.  It is very EASY to over do the fat and increase your body fat, even
> when going low in carbs (unless you have a very high metabolism).

It's worth a try.

Todd Moody