From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Aug 2001 21:51:13 -0400
Maddy Mason wrote:
> Flax seeds?  Are these ok on paleo? ... I've read that flax is an
> excellent way for menopausal women to increase hormones naturally.  After
> this question is answered I'll be happy to talk off line about menopausal
> issues.  Thanks for your ears.

You can eat flaxseeds raw (within limits) so it's paleo according to Ray's
definition and that generally accepted on this list.

Dunno about it being an excellent way to increase hormones...can't see how
eating lots of a certain plant is going to do that. From the reading I've
done, I'd suggest certain brands of natural progesterone cream rather than
expecting to get female hormones from food.

--Richard