Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 19:32:22 -0500
Good grief!  No wonder we fill in the misses pieces with food......  How
many times have you heard or felt while standing in front of an open fridge,
"Well, I want something, but I don't know what it is."  Blame it on that
blasted neuropeptide Y!     Oliva

*Neuropeptide Y (NPY) is the most abundant neuropeptide in the brain. It is
a member of a family of proteins that include pancreatic polypeptide,
peptide YY and seminalplasmin. In addition to its function in feeding
behavior, several other physiologic roles have been assigned to NPY,
including involvement in circadian rhythms, sexual function, anxiety
From: "R Bartlett" <[log in to unmask]>