From:
sean mcbride <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 09:08:09 +1000
The only difference now is
> that I just now stared consuming a LOT more saturated fat.  I am convinced
> that that alone has "cured" me of my tendencies toward uncontrolled
> alchohol use.  I haven't a clue why.

I read a book a few years ago called Potatoes not Prozac (although I ignored
the potatoes bit)and the woman who wrote it originally worked with
alcoholics.  She had an incredible success rate with alcoholics.  Her belief
was that alcoholics and many people in our society are sugar sensitive (I'm
sure I am one).  She goes into a fair bit of detail about brain chemistry,
serotonin levels in the brain etc.  I know she has a website but can't
remember the address.  A search for her book name might turn it up and it
might contribute to an answer for you.

Cheers

Sean