From:
"Cooley, Brad" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 2009 09:50:48 -0400
On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 07:23:43 -0600, Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

 For millenia, if not longer, people
>have avoided
>eating animals that are sick or died by themselves.  Now, most of the meat
>we get is
> from sick animals; we just don't know it because they're processed
>thousands of miles away out of our sight.

In my reading of anthropological literature, hunters have targeted old, young,
and sick animals as easier to kill, just like other predators.  I have always been
a little perplexed why people believe that "grain-fed, sick" cattle are somehow
unhelathy to eat.  I agree that grain-fed meat has a different nutritional
profile than grass-fed, but I question the relative health benefits (recognizing
that some people do not tolerate grain-fed meat).  I eat mostly grain-fed
meat and have never been healthier.