From:
rick strong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 18:33:10 -0600
Trish, I do not know but recall many references to relatively low average
life span assumptions due to high mortality for infectious disease and
injury.  Also,  the term "paleo" man is really pretty vague relative to the
population clusters that are involved: Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia.   I
have to assume that there could be significant differences.  I know that
authors like Art Devany have touted the superior stature and strength of
Upper Paleo populations in Europe but I am also very curious as to the
actual life expectancy of health (and lucky relative to injury and
ecological catastrophe) paleo individuals.  I hope there are some
knowledgeable responses to this question.