From:
Mateja Mikek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 22:43:02 +0200
"Daniel R. Lurie" wrote:

> In a message dated 9/7/99 12:14:18 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:
>
> << > Also termed by some people 'fast burners'.
>
> > Other people ('slow burners')
>
> I assume these are terms from the Protein Power book.
> Do they have a "test" to determine which category you
> most likely fall under? >>
>
>     No. You start at 30 grams (non-fiber carbs) per day, plus x amount of
> complete protein (based on your muscle mass and activity level), then each
> week you add 10 grams carbs a day til you stop losing weight and thats your
> magic #. Of course, if you add more muscle you can potentially eat more carbs
> without getting fat.

I accidentally stumbled upon this page:
http://well-net.com/prevent/3oxid1.html

It talks about slow and fast oxidizers ('burners') and suggests two methods for
testing one's oxidation type.
A short summary:
---- Niacin test
50 mg of Niacin is given on an empty stomach.
Niacin has little or no effect on a slow oxidizer.
If the individual experiences an immediate flush, then it is likely he or she is
a fast oxidizer.

---- Vitamin C test
8 grams of vitamin C is given in divided doses over a eight to twelve hour
period.
The slow oxidizer has little or no response.
The fast oxidizer responds by feeling acidic and uncomfortable. Fast oxidizers
may also experience other symptoms such as diarrhea, nausea, or increased
intestinal gas including flatulence and burping.