From:
Theta Sigma <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2006 18:31:32 -0700
 From what I can tell, there are no absolute values, only ratios.
Grassland quality and composition varies by location and over time, and
the animals are as varied as we are.  Hence only ratios make any sense
of the variety (and omega 9 is also important).  It's the same with,
say, chickens, etc.  Grass-fed beef and omnivorously fed fowl and deep
sea fish, etc., are not scams, they are Nature's way - and that is what
we are trying to emulate.  To my taste and sensibilities, there is
little question of the superior quality of 100% grass-fed (+ organic)
versus all the others; omnivorous chickens-ditto, etc.  The real danger
to our diet are the other things given to non grass-fed beef (and the
other animals) to keep them healthy on an unnatural diet and to make
them grow bigger/faster.  And because I don't want to vicariously eat
those things , that alone, for me, is the only information I need to
make the 100% grass-fed decision.  But taste, health and experience over
10+ years have sealed the deal for me.

Regards,

-=mark=-