From:
Lurisia Dale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 17:31:48 -0800
> One point to make is that these are just guidelines,
not religious
> laws. They help us make better food choices, but the
edges, of what is
> acceptable or not are elastic. Grains are out, but
yams may be in. Not
> all whole foods are good, not all are bad. The basic
rule remains, if
> it can be eaten safely raw, it is paleo. Some of us
will twitch that
> rule one way or the other a bit, but it is basically
sound.

> If someone is arguing against you, just smile and
suggest they try it
> for a week.

Good points, Tom.  I guess my question is just
why, in theory, are yams bad at all?  Is it
simply because they need to be cooked?  Do
enough toxins remain after cooking for them
still to be unhealthful?

http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools