From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 16:48:34 MDT
Madeline

>My question is, how do you deal with
>the salmonella threat from using raw eggs? Can the eggs be soft boiled long
>enough to make them safe, and still be used successfully in the mayonnaise?

I don't know about mayonnaise* but I've eaten raw eggs here and there and
never had a problem.  I don't want to say it's much ado about nothing, but
I'm not dead yet.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO

*I can't get near mayo.  It was on a family vacation when I was a kid that I
ate a mayo-loaded sandwich that had been out of the cooler for too long.  A
few hours later, what I ate came back to haunt me, as it were.  To this day,
just the smell makes me gag.  I'm getting the shimmies just thinking about
that smelly, white goo.  Bleah!