From:
"Balzer, Ben" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 May 2011 06:56:41 +1000
> I personally think that Garden of Eden eating theories (raw vegetarian or
> raw animal foods) where there is some kind of mythical perfect diet under
> ideal circumstances are very suspect.

Every change has consequences, some good, some bad.
Some mere preference- taste, schmaste.
Some calories or bacteria- survival.
Most Western people eating high meat diets eat no organ meats which is
not sustainable. A dog or cat or lion cannot live on chicken fillets and
steak, and they are a carnivore (OK dogs will eat some veges), but do
fine with steak, liver and ribs. This is the fundamental reason most
high meat diets don't work.
Also h-g's eat lots of root vegetables (see Cordain's paper about 1999
about what h-g's really eat/ate).
So eat Eden but you need to be accurate about the food choices. AND it
needs to be grass fed animal, not grain fed. AND the animals need to be
graised and veges need to be raised n paleolithic soil! Modern soils are
depleted of many minerals.
And then perhaps vee may begin.

Ben