From:
Marilyn Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2006 08:53:31 -0500
Hi William;

It may be of interest to you to read about enzymes at the following site
(they talk about Howell's theory) :

http://www.beyondveg.com/tu-j-l/raw-cooked/raw-cooked-2d.shtml

> (Hard for me to see how denaturing proteins and destroying
> vitamins&enzymes is and improvement, but the faithful can do it.)

From what I gather reading, the body provides it's own enzymes for it's
digestion and food-borne (exogenous) enzymes play almost no or no
significant role as an aid to our digestion. However some of the enzymes in
enzyme supplements taken on an empty stomach might be able to make it to the
small intestines and would be somewhat helpful.

If you have studies that contradict this, please post to the list.

Marilyn