From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 2004 12:08:07 -0800
On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 12:20:10 -0600, "Kristina K. Carlton"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>As soon as I got to:
>
>>" Cleansing energy is more abundant... "
>
>>I didn't read any further...
>>Ken
>
>Could you elaborate on that? I am still learning and have a ways to go!!
>
>Kristina

I am still learning as well.   (In fact, thinking that we know all about
everything is a big obstacle to actually getting to the truth of things.)

But, in this case, "cleansing energy" is such a meaningless phrase that I was
pretty sure I was not going to find much of value.    The only time that energy
is "cleansing" is when it totally sterilizes - i.e. the sun going supernova
would "cleanse" the earth of all life.

A typical cycle in the life of a holistic M.D. is that first he discovers and
advocates some positive and helpful health information, then he becomes popular.
At that point, his practice becomes so large that he has to hire a staff and
delegate a lot of it, whereupon it simply becomes generic "alternative medicine"
- i.e. anything other than conventional, pharmaceutically based medicine.
Unfortunately, a lot of alternative medicine is either misguided or fraudulent.

A close friend who is a holistic M.D. was one of several people hired by Dr.
Andrew Weil to answer web site questions as if they were Dr. Weil.    Dr. Weil
has had some valuable suggestions in the past (one that stands out is his
suggestion to take a "news fast", recognizing that "news" is inherently
stressful).   But, once he started delegating to other doctors, his practice
became generic alternative medicine.

It seems to me that Dr. Mercola has reached the same point now.

Note that elsewhere on his site, he states:

"It is my strong recommendation that you discontinue your milk products... This
would include ALL dairy..."  with the word "all" capitalized.

Now this new article, that you asked about, advocates eating dairy.

It also uses the popular and not particularly scientific term "toxin" which is
actually defined as "anything that can be plausibly attacked by people trying to
make a living in alternative medicine".   In actuality, there is almost never
any real evidence that any of these toxins actually cause problems, and they are
often present in quantities too small to do so.    A good example is most
pesticides, which now are conceded to usually be less dangerous than the pests
they kill.

--
Cheers,

Ken