From:
mark wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 2004 10:14:25 -0700
--- Thomas Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>It was only after the war, and with the introduction
>of western foods such as milk and wheat!! that
>life spans reached western levels.

So it was the milk and wheat huh??  I'd have to go
with better health care, less poverty, antibiotics,
etc...  Keep in mind Tom, on Okinawa, it's the
younger, Westernized, wheat and milk eating
generation, that's loosing ground on the longevity
front.

> I read a lot of BS about the Japanese diet. To me,
> it looks high fat, high protein, lots of meat and
>fish.

OK, if that's true it explains alot, but up until now
I haven't seen anything to prove it.  Point me to the
data that shows that the Japanese eat a high protein,
high fat diet.

Mark