Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 22:45:42 +1000
Hi All!
I lived on a farm until 4 years ago, and we would often find our cows
chewing on old bones that were lying around. I believe that this was because
the Australian soils are quite deficient in Magnesium. When we saw them
doing this we would give them Dolomite mixed with molasses, and they would
stop. I never saw them touch 'meat' - if they saw a carcass on the ground
they would get very upset and move away.
Regards
Chris