From:
Jay Banks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 18:30:32 -0600
> In a message dated 1/13/03 1:52:48 PM Central Standard Time,
> writes:
>

> > Does the paleo diet assume that all the food is eaten raw? Is it just as
> > good to eat cooked foods on that diet?

The actual diet of those eating during the paleo period would
have included a good percentage of raw foods.

The actual diet of those who read a book on the paleo
diet and thought they would try it, consists of a large
percentage of cooked foods.

There are some raw paleo eaters, but they definitely
seem like they are in the minority. In my experience,
if someone says "paleo diet," think cooked. If you
wanted to find others eating a lot of raw food, you
have to look for sub-categories, like "raw paleo,"
or something similar.

Jay Banks
www.roadtowellsville.com