From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 1999 09:45:12 -0700
Hi Larelle,

>Wow, I am surprised to see how much fruit you eat.

I was surprised too, because I hadn't written anything down until then. I
do, however, feel much better when I eat more meat and eggs and fat and
less fruit.

>hypoglycemic tendencies
what symptoms do you have?

Do you have any weight to lose?
Until I went paleo, my weight always had fluctuated. Taking gluten out
helped control my weight and I got a lot more energy when I went from
vegetarian to carnivore.
As Binnie Betton says in her excellent website, 'obesity is nonexistant in
nature'. The foods that generally cause obesity are those that are used to
fatten cattle-refined grains, dairy, sugar and hydrogenated fats. (In
Alberta, cattle are fed waste from the brewing industry).

>I find it a bit depressing to see how much more you appear to be eating
>than I do and I can't seem to lose any weight.

Maybe you should try eating more. I am finding that the more I eat, the
more I lose!
I think all the food is being used like gas in a car. When you add more
high quality gas than is needed, the car doesn't get fat, it just runs
better. (I am using this sad analogy because I just started using the
highest quality gas so I would pass aircare.)

I have read that fruitarians are emaciated and that meat eaters like
uncivilized Inuit don't get fat, so eating lots of meat and lots of fruit
should yield similar results, don't you think?

All the best,
Susan