From:
David Karas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 13:45:59 -0700
I have noticed that many of the recent posts have not been following
the list guidelines that are sent to you in the Welcome message when
you join. These guidelines were chosen carefully to make the list run
efficiently and ease the strains that we put on the server. I have
made some changes to the way the list runs. This last week we had one
day of almost 100 messages. This volume and off topic posts has caused
some subscribers to leave the list. I have set the list to a maximum
of 50 messages per day and am limiting each subscriber to 4 posts per
day. This means that if anyone tries to send more than 4 messages in a
day that additional messages will be held over to the next day and
will count on their limit for the next day. Please don't waste your
daily 4 with one line posts or posts that really should have been
private posts to the sender.

Here is a couple of paragraphs from the welcome message.

-----------------

* EDITING OF MESSAGES REPLIED TO
- trim all but what is absolutely essential
- quoted text should be less than new text
- never quote headers nor entire messages
- try not quoting at all, paraphrase as an alternative

* SUBJECT LINES
- change DIGEST subject lines to reflect the topic of the post
- if the topic is changed under a thread, change the subject line

 -----------------

Some of you have been replying to messages and including the entire
archives on the server. There are over 700 lists here trying to share
this space on the server and they have run out of space. The full
message is available in the web archives if needed.

http://maelstrom.stjohns,edu/archives/paleofood.html

Note that you can subscribe and unsubscribe there also.

On topic subjects are Hunter/Gather diets which include animal foods
and how we can implement them in our modern world.

Off topic subjects are almost everything else. This would include
dietary supplements, modern dentistry and medicine, health practices
not available to Hunter/Gathers, religious dietary practices and
attacks on the consumption of animal foods. If you are following a
vegetarian paleo diet it is ok to discuss your diet but remember that
most subscribers are not vegetarians.

If you have any questions about this message please e-mail me
privately. If I think your message needs to be discussed on the list,
I will make that decision.

Thank you for your attention and enjoy the list.

David Karas
listowner paleofood

To get a new copy of the welcome message send a message to

with any subject line and put in the body of the message

get paleofood welcome

To leave the list you send a message to

with any subject line and put in the body of the message

signoff paleofood

Please don't make me do it for you.
Note that you do not send it to [log in to unmask] This
address is only for messages to the list.